• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

Re: David Nelson Band 2012 Harvest Tour & 2013 Hawaii

#211259 1 year, 10 months ago
it was fun time last night at Ashkenaz with some FFF in the house (Burt, Tim and Justin). hopefully the new west coasters enjoyed themselves. definitely not a face-melting jamfest... a pretty mellow show with some nice highlights. this was Wally Ingram's 1st time playing with DNB and he did a great job, but it'll take a show or two for the band to hit it's stride.

11/08/12 (Thu) Ashkenaz - Berkeley, CA

Set 1: Rocky Road Blues > Ballad Of Casey Jones, John Hardy's Wedding, Where I Come From > Impressionist Two-Step > Friend Of The Devil > Talkin' Back > Rocky Road Blues

Set 2: Diamond Joe, Prisoner Of Freedom, Wind & Rain, Rainmaker > Every Grain Of Sand, Different World > Long Gone Sam > Iko-Iko, E: Ripple
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
Skudebro
Junior Boarder

#211338 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks for the setlist.

It did feel like they were taking the band out for a test drive, at least at first. Wally started breaking out at the end of Impressionist Two-Step, esp when he started banging on those metal wheel rims, or collanders, or whatever they were and that got the crowd moving. And the pedal steel jam at the end of FOD was great.

It might have been something that happened to me at setbreak, but my mind was melted during the second set, especially from the end of Dreadful Wind and Rain, through that epic Rainmaker, and beyond, when the Beat was really solid and Sless, Sears, et al kept pushing as far as you think they could go, then they took it even higher, more than a few times.

It's hard for me to compare one DNB show to another. I'm a DNB newbie, but this show definitely had a fresh/new feeling to it, with Wally, and a few songs appreared to have a different delivery than I'm used to hearing.

So glad to be there and looking forward to more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder

#211877 1 year, 10 months ago
here's last night's setlist from the River Theatre. i totally love this venue and it was a fun night. really solid show with some inspired and adventurous jamming.

11/09/12 (Fri)  River Theater - Guerneville, CA
Set 1: Never Can Tell, Free Mexican Airforce, Just A Season > Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie, Six Of One, Lazy River Road, Wizard's Son > Rag Mama Rag

Set 2: Any Naked Eye, Deep Elem Blues, Suite At The Mission, Hand Jive > Snakebit > Cumberland Blues
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Blues_Power.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder

#212591 1 year, 10 months ago
the Saturday and Sunday DNB shows were the best of the 4-day run. really good stuff at the River Theatre on Saturday... and Sunday at the Barn was an absolute brain orgasm! i had so much fun, the day was perfect ... good friends, good vibes, and music that was as good as anything i've experienced.

Paige and i did not manage to connect yet, but i hope to meet her next weekend. you'd think this would be pretty easy. she drives a gigantic double-decker bus, i mark my concert territory with a big stand and lots of things connected to it. we should be two of the easiest people at a show to find.

here are the Saturday and Sunday setlists... real juicy stuff.

11/10/12 (Sat) River Theater - Guerneville, CA
Set 1: Minglewood Blues, Down The Middle, This Wheel's On Fire > Louis Collins, Sweet Melinda > Cut & Run > Earl's Girls

Set 2: Box Of Rain > Give Me Love > The Wheel > Ghost Train Blues > Stella Blue, Kick In The Head, E: BIODTL

11/11/12 (Sun) Nelson Family Vineyards-Barn - Ukiah, CA Set 1: Absolutely Sweet Marie, Dark Hollow, Peggy-O, Big Six, Coconut Wireless , Prisoner Of Freedom, Different World > Wicked Messenger

Set 2: Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (1), Come Away, Talkin' Back > Long Gone Sam > Edge Of The Wire, Fable Of Chosen One > Into The Mystic > Fable Of A Chosen One, E: Ripple

Comment: (1) w/ Vince Herman & Chad Staehly.
- Great American Taxi opened the show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#212698 1 year, 10 months ago
From last night. DNB at the barn. Nelson family vineyards.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Blues_Power
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#213100 1 year, 10 months ago
Rainy day women with Vince Herman! O man I bet that was a riot! I'll never forget when I saw Great American Taxi do that on a 420 full moon night!!!! Too good!

BUT I REALLY WISH I COULD SEE DAVID NELSON BAND!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#213106 1 year, 10 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Rainy day women with Vince Herman! O man I bet that was a riot! I'll never forget when I saw Great American Taxi do that on a 420 full moon night!!!! Too good!

BUT I REALLY WISH I COULD SEE DAVID NELSON BAND!!!

Me too! Upsate NY loves DNB!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#213113 1 year, 10 months ago
Salutations of Happiness

Been having a great time
Ive got some pictures to share soon

Love,
Paige
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva, FurthurFlower67
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#213115 1 year, 10 months ago
I was wondering about you paige can not wait to see them so glad you are having fun enjoy !!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#213504 1 year, 10 months ago
Looks like the November 18th show will be streamed on DNB Radio!!!

This is from their website...

"Radio DNB will be on the air Sunday, November 18th for the Mateel Community Center show. This is a special show to benefit local Humboldt County Public Radio station KMUD. We ask that you support KMUD Radio as you listen to this Radio DNB broadcast! Enjoy!

The broadcast will start around 6:15PM.
Click the Radio DNB Image to go to the stream."

www.nelsonband.com/

Radio Link:
mixlr.com/93redbridgedan/
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , amusingdeva, Blues_Power
Time to create page: 4.19 seconds